From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:33:58 +0200
Hi again,

I thought it might also be helpful to point out that there was another preliminary issues report requested by the board on this topic over two years ago (https://www.icann.org/public-comments/gtld-registration-data-2013-03-15-en). This was extremely problematic at the time, because the EWG hadn’t even started its work yet, let alone publish its final report and recommendations that would help shape the PDP. This would have deprived the community from the ability to provide any substantive input to the board-initiated GNSO process.

After a great deal of debate and negotiation, it was agreed that a new preliminary issues report would be published after all the substantive work scoping the PDP would be published, which is what we are dealing with now.

Just trying to point out that, all things considered, I believe this worked out pretty well (from a process perspective). Can’t promise the same from a substantive policy perspective, but this is yet to be determined. Our work on this has already started.

I hope we have a few minutes to go over this on tomorrow’s NCSG monthly call. Would love to hear more from folks on this.

Thanks again.

Amr