From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:13:16 +0300
Hi again,

Come to think of it, Bill, although there is nothing in the DT’s report that would suggest a restructuring of the GNSO, there is a section that describes a minority proposal that the DT did not accept on voting thresholds within the Council. These thresholds are meant to only address the new powers being granted to the GNSO as per the new bylaws, and not meant to influence voting thresholds on other issues (such as those concerning gTLD policy development).

The proposal effectively did away with the thresholds required across Houses, and also excluded the NCAs of either House from voting (as per the CSG folks, the NCA does not represent a GNSO SG or C). Anyway…, we rejected the proposal, and the notion of excluding the NCA. But there is a table in the report that describes this proposal. I also know that this table was shared with the GNSO Futures Group I referred to earlier, supposedly as an example of life in the GNSO without Houses.

Thanks again.

Amr