From:
Jorge Amodio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jorge Amodio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:30:13 -0500
> within NCSG/NCUC the discussion was more about pricing and to prove that is
> feasible and possible to run a registry fairly reaching all requirements in
> cheap way than expected by ICANN. that is why we want to learn from ccTLD
> experience.

If you are already defining what the outcome/goal of the working group
has to be, there is no reason for a working group.

I thought the idea was to put together an exercise to determine
regardless of what ICANN says or other expect, an overall idea of what
it takes in terms of costs to run a registry, there may be different
scenarios, like DIY or outsource, many documented assumptions and
variables.

But if the idea is just to find proof that what somebody said was
incorrect or not very well founded there is no reason to waste time
forming a working group.

Just MHO.

Regards
Jorge