From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 12:04:45 -0400
I have two questions with regard to the MAG nomination process that may
also be in the minds of people new to NCSG. The MAG nomination process
requests nominations from all stakeholder groups. Through member
consultation NCSG had build a candidate list of five names. I presume
that we will be submitting all five names, especially since there are
geographic considerations in selecting MAG members. Is that correct?

Second, NCSG members have been posting their endorsements for
candidates. I understand that within NCSG those endorsements show our
support for candidates, but I have a follow up question. Does the
selection process take account of endorsements beyond the nomination of
the candidate by the stakeholder group (NCSG)? I assume that the MAG
selection process considers the candidate's statement, the nominating
constituency, and the needs for balance within the MAG, but does not
entertain additional group or individual endorsements. Is that a correct
understanding of the process?

Sam L.