From:
Farell FOLLY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Farell FOLLY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2016 17:13:15 +0100
(Sorry to have forwarded an unfinished e-mail, This is the final response)

@Shane, and all

The RDS PDP WG has the job to gather all “possible” requirements for the next-gen RDS to replace the WHOIS protocol. So many documents has been found useful / relevant to provide insightful issues to serve as inputs for the characteristics of the next-Gen RDS. However, WG found it impossible to read all documents together as a team and agree on what can be a “possible” requirement and what can/should not be a requirement (one by one, document per document). Then it was proposed and adopted that group members volunteer to read the docs and extract as many as inputs as possible. Then the ICANN staff worked hard and concatenated all these requirements by naming them appropriately without no change to the requirements themselves

Therefore the word “possible” means that the stated requirement may be removed at the end of the current phase if it is judged so. However, it is not yet time to make this decision.

Consequently, if you find any bogus or meaningless  information (according to you), please just make a comment to me offline and I will forward to the staff as necessary. At this stage, we just need to propose new “possible” requirements, so if you think you have a new requirement for the next-gen RDS that is not already in the RDS PDP list I previously sent (or by discarding all inputs you classify as bogus or legalese), please send it/them through.

Finally for other members I would to clarify that each requirement has been given a specific annotation in the form of [QQ-R#-D#], for instance in [UP-D26-R06] : the first two letters identify the associated charter question (Users Purposes, in this case), the D26 identifies the input document (Annex A) from which the requirement has been extracted, and R06 means is the 6th "possible" requirement).

I suggest to anyone in this group to read (in priority, iteratively) a sub-list of  all these "possible" requirements depending or based on his/her expertise or background. For instance, If you  have experience in data privacy, you can quickly check all "possible" requirements starting by [PR-Dxx-Ryy] and a new one if any.  For any new “possible” requirement, don’t forget to add the source document.

--ff--
Best regards
Farell FOLLY
Africa 2.0 Foundation