From:
"Carlos A. Afonso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlos A. Afonso
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2013 09:56:54 -0200
Obviously every state keeps an intelligence service. The major
difference between the duo USA+UK and the rest is the scale, persistence
and pervasiveness of surveillance -- something orders of magnitude
beyond what any other country does.

This is what is motivating the scaling up of international reactions.

--c.a.