From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:03:55 +0400
Hi,

Other than the fact that he needs to include ALAC and ccNSO in the Cross community mix, I think this is a great idea.

I did a bit of research on this yesterday since I was trying to answer the question. In the context of writing my application for the ATRT, which remains undone, I noticed that included in the last ATRT report was a requirement that the distinction between policy and administrative action be defined.  Administrative action may be somewhat different than implementation, but i tend to think of implementation as a form of administrative action.  In replying to this ATRT requirement, what they did was describe the process for SO policy making, and the policy for Admin action making and give a few examples.  In other words the definition, in so far as I understand it, is that if an SO does it, it is policy and if the Board or Staff does it, it is Administrative action. And that it is a Board or Staff decision as to whether community input is required.  While I am sure I can be shown that I am simplifying somewhat, this is what I understood from the response they gave.  I personally find this lacking.

So yes, I think doing this is a great idea.

avri