From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2014 18:16:11 -0400

ok, this si the version of the charter which is being brought for review
to the SOC/AC.

in terms of scope, the group both acccepted Miltons ICG charter matching
language, but also kept the sentence that several of us though was
importnat in relation to IANA Accountabilty being in scope for the CWG
to discuss - no matter what happens with the Improving ICANN
Accountabilty and Governance.  Specifically:

_Relationship to ICANN Accountability Review Process_

The IANA stewardship transition process is taking place alongside a
parallel and related process on enhancing ICANN accountability. While
maintaining the accountability of Internet identifier governance is
central to both processes, this group’s scope is focused on the
arrangements required for the continuance of IANA functions in an
accountable and widely accepted manner after the expiry of the
NTIA-ICANN contract. Nevertheless, the two processes are interrelated
and interdependent and should appropriately coordinate their work.
Accountability for the administration of the IANA functions (i.e.,
implementation and operational accountability), however, is properly
within the scope of this working group.

avri