From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:19:14 -0400
Hi,

One other thing.  The NCSG Charter indicates:

> To  the  maximum  extent   possible,  no  more  than  two  (2)  NCSG
> GNSO Council  Representatives  can  be  declared  resident  of  the
> same  geographic  region  as  defined  by  ICANN.  Reasonable
> efforts   should  be  taken  to  recruit  nominees  so  that  all
> geographical  regions  may  be   represented  by  the  NCSG  GNSO
> Council  Representatives.  Reason able  efforts  should also  be
> taken  to  ensure  gender  balance  and  in  no  circumstance  should
> there  be   fewer  than  2  members  of  any

Of the two remaining on council for another year

1 - North America resident (me)
1 - European resident from Africa (Amr)

Candidates
(if I have residences correct)

2 NA
1 Europe
1 LAC
1 AP

It does say to the maximum extent possible, so it may not be a problem.
 Just pointing it out.

avri

avri

:
> https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Elections-2014
>

> _*2014 NCSG Election Candidates*_
>

> _*I.  2014-2015 NCSG Chair*_
>
> (1 to elect) 1-year term
>
> Nominated Candidate  Nominated By  Accepted Nomination  Candidate
> Statement  Geographic Region Rafik Dammak	Avri Doria	Yes
>

> _*II.  2014 NCSG GNSO Representatives*_
>
> (3 to elect) each 2-year terms, (1 to elect) 1-year term
>
> Nominated Candidate  Nominated By  Accepted Nomination  Candidate
> Statement  Geographic Region Stephanie Perrin	Robin Gross	Yes Sam
> Lanfranco	Klaus Stoll	Yes David Cake	Avri Doria	Yes Edward Morris
> Dhouha Bayarassou	Yes Marilia Maciel	Milton Mueller
>

> On Aug 19, 2014, at 10:54 AM, Nuno Garcia wrote:
>
>> Hi guys!
>>
>> Having so little time left, can anyone please recap on who are the
>> candidates so far?
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Nuno
>>

>> On 19 August 2014 17:30, Maria Farrell <[log in to unmask]
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Apologies for not having chipped in already - I've been away in one
>> of the (small but blissful) pockets of Ireland with little or no
>> Internet for the past couple of weeks on a family holiday.
>>
>> I just want to add that I won't be seeking a nomination for a
>> second term on Council. A bit like Magaly, while I love it, I don't
>> feel I'll have the energies to devote to maximising our influence
>> there over the next couple of years. So it's time to make way for
>> someone else.
>>
>> I'm thrilled to see what a great range of candidates we have, with
>> a mix of old and new faces any stakeholder group should envy.
>>
>> Thank you all very, very much for giving me the chance to be one of
>> NCSG's representatives on Council for the past couple of years.
>>
>> All the best, Maria
>>

>> On 19 August 2014 17:10, Magaly Pazello <[log in to unmask]
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>> I fully agree with Desiree,
>>
>> Rafik is doing a wonderful job as NSCG chair. We are lucky to have
>> strong candidates like Stephanie, Ed as well Maria and David for
>> the GNSO council. And now Marilia from Brazil.
>>
>> Magaly
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 4:48 AM, Desiree <[log in to unmask]
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I believe that the NCSG was never before in such good shape, or
>> it's getting better all the time :-), i.e. so many good candidates
>> for other positions too: Stephanie, Dave, Edmond, etc.
>>
>> Desiree -- On 12 Aug 2014, at 05:59, William Drake
>> <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I strong second Rafik to continue as NCSG’s major domo.

> [...]
_)