Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2014 23:43:06 +0800
Dear Eranga

Keep up the excellent work.  Your contribution to the Internet will definitely be recognized.  Great.

Yours truly

S.P. Anandan

 Subject: Re: Android application for ICANN abbreviations
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Date: Tuesday, 25 March, 2014, 12:59 PM

 Yes, abbreviations are a
 hurdle to newcomers (and still are to some extent to
 non-newcomers) :)
 Other thing that would be interesting to also
 consider is a Who's Who. Everyone expects you to know
 who is John Silver, and which positions he has been before
 and what he has done.

 Good job! Congrats!

 On 25 March 2014 04:43,
 Eranga Samararathna <[log in to unmask]>
 wrote:

 Dear Friends,

 I exactly know this is not the right forum to below post.
 Unfortunately I don't know the right person to talk.
 Assuming one of the member in this forum knowing it I am
 post below message.

 I recently started a my own s/w development and IT
 consultancy venture. Just a small start-up which running
 myself and an one of my friend. We are specializing in web
 and mobile application development and we thought better we
 do some application for ICANN. We did it. I remembered as a
 new comer I had a big challenge to memorize hundreds of
 abbreviations.

 We developed an android application which can use to get the
 meaning of a abbreviation very quickly. Application is much
 similar to a traditional dictionary application that mobile
 has. When user entering abbreviation text application will
 suggest similar words in it's database. Once user select
 one abbreviation it will display the meaning and the
 description. I have added all the abbreviation in the New
 comers booklets in to this application. Application has
 design in a way it can add more data (abbreviation) easily.

 We have not made this public. We just did the development
 complete. We are more than happy to make this public once
 ICANN approved.

 Janice provide me a lot for the support and encouragement
 behind this application. But still I could not find a right
 channel to maker this application available. I am more than
 happy to make available this application freely for
 everyone.

 Attached few screen shot of the application too.

 Thanks

 Regards,

 Eranga