From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:14:35 +0300
[Off topic]

On Oct 22 10:44, William Drake ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> > On Oct 21, 2014, at 12:01 AM, Carlos Afonso <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > I also support William "Bill" Drake, whom I always suspected to be
> > a descendant of Vice-Admiral Sir Francis Drake, aka El Draque, but
> > never managed to prove it :(

> If so, someone in my ancestral line must have lost all the gold
> doubloons gambling or whatever. Both sides of my family washed onto
> US shores pretty penniless.

Well, Sir Francis had no legitimate children, so if you're his
descendant it'd have to be via some bastard who didn't inherit
anything. After his death his estate went to his nephew also
named Francis Drake, but the male line of Drake died after
that and the baronetcy became extinct.
So it seems you didn't get even your name from El Draque, unless
some ancestor of yours stole it in the best pirate tradition. :-)

--
Tapani Tarvainen