From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2023 22:03:24 +0000
One possible topic has to do with ethics and the next gTLD round. After the last round was concluded several ICANN linked people "jumped ship" and went to work for new gTLD Registries. It looked bad. For situations where governments change, and when new union contracts are negotiated, there are frequently time limits imposed where parties participating in policy or contract negotiations cannot take new jobs with, for example, the other side in a union contract, or return to the policy making process as a lobbyist. Is anything going to be done to prevent this in the next gTLD round?

Sam Lanfranco