From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 16:05:39 +0200
Hi,

My personal experience is that the quickest way to get one’s bearings around ICANN (or at least the GNSO) processes and acronyms is volunteering for a GNSO Policy Decision-making Process Working Group (PDP WG). That would mean spending one hour a week on conference calls in addition to a couple more hours a week of reading emails and documents.

Even those may seem quite intimidating, but there will always be someone who understands more about what’s going on and willing to help. Joining a PDP WG also gives a newcomer insight on the approach of other stakeholder groups to policy development. Definitely worth it if you’re truly interested.

Thanks.

Amr