From:
Mawaki Chango <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mawaki Chango <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 06:32:08 -0700
Here is a resolution project submitted by BC a couple of hours
ago, and supported by IPC, just before the council call today
(in half an hour from now,) and here is my first reaction to it.
If you have any comments, please let me know.
*****

And the NCUC certainly does not agree with this resolution
project:

1. It's surprising that there are people who still don't see
that there's a problem with the current Whois policy ("study 4,
and to the extent it reveals that there is a problem with the
current
Whois policy,...") This would be, I'm afraid, a waste of ICANN's
resources and brave people's time, once more.

2. There a fact: Whois policy is in conflict with national laws
(and even more than the number of them we hear about.) Then what
is that policy, meant to be global, where exceptions become a
routine?

3. What will be the terms of the cost/benefit analysis in order
to provide a comprehensive basis for evaluation? How are they
going to account for the political conundrum?

Mawaki

Note: forwarded message attached.