From:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2016 16:35:39 +0100
@Andrew - Indeed, typo my bad. Should have been focal point. Let's say
that both light and audio are waves so I got confused ;)

@Matt - Good point! I tried to transform this into new questions, how
does this look:

1.
We look forward to the Board making a Human Rights statement, as was
proposed by the board in the comments to the 3rd draft report of the
CCWG on Accountability, and we stand ready to work with you in
multistakeholder fashion and have already made suggestions as to how
that would occur and we appreciate the Boards commitment to making this
happen. Do you have any indication on where and how this statement will
be made?

2.
In the CCWP HR we've been working on the preparation for a human rights
policy for ICANN, which would be needed to live up to the commitment to
human rights which is proposed in the CCWG report. How does the board
envision a process for the development of a human rights policy for ICANN ?

3.
We appreciate and fully expect the support of the Board and staff as we
work on these important issues within and outside the framework of WS2.
Will there be dedicated ICANN staff working on the development of a
human rights policy who could also function as a focal point on human
rights?

Cheers,

Niels

--
Niels ten Oever
Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint    8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4
                   678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9