Please see a job opportunity at ALS Geochemistry, Perth, Australia
Link - https://app.revelian.com/campbell/ap68600?jop=campbell_alscareers
If interested, please submit your application as advised or forward directly to [log in to unmask]
Below are the details of the job posting:
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Instrument Chemist (ICPMS)
About the Position
The Geochemistry Division in Malaga, WA is seeking an ICP-MS Chemist to become part of a team that strives to exceed client expectations by delivering quality results on time.
ALS Geochemistry operates state of the art instrumentation including ICP-AES, ICP-MS, AAS, XRF, and TGA. The successful applicant will mainly work in the ICP-MS section of the laboratory.
Malaga laboratory is a 24hr/5day operation however this role will mainly be allocated to day shift. At times of need, shift work may be necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Technical leadership in terms of troubleshooting, implementation of innovations and guidance to ICPMS team
• Liaise with Team Leaders (ICPMS), Instrument Supervisor (ICPMS) and Technical Coordinator (Spectroscopy) to streamline daily technical requirements within ICPMS section
• Responsible for ensuring all ICPMS instruments are operating full capacity and minimize preventable downtime due to technical issues
• Liaise with service engineers to handle issues beyond the ability of internal troubleshooting
• Effectively communicate technical information across respective shifts
• Assist with implementation of change, new processes and procedures as required
• Act as a key training resource for ICPMS section when new employees join the group or retraining of current group is required
• Liaise with Technical Coordinator (Spectroscopy) and Analytical Manager to continually improve technical aspects of ICPMS section
• Participate in global peer group meetings to provide and receive feedback to evolve ICPMS section
To be successful, you will preferably have:
• At least 3-5 years’ experience operating quadrupole ICP-MS instrumentation
• In depth technical knowledge of ICPMS is necessary
• Successfully completed a bachelor or honours degree qualification majoring in chemistry (Analytical or Instrumental chemistry specialization would be ideal)
A working knowledge of sample preparation, solution preparation, wet chemistry
• A working knowledge of lab safety requirements
• Preferably worked in a quality accredited environment and/or commercial laboratory environment
Looking for further details?
Applications covering relevant qualifications and any related experience will be treated with the strictest confidence and should be submitted via:
Applications close 15 July 2018.
Perth, WA, Australia