Re: high bias on silicon, low niobium

HERRMANN Otto <[log in to unmask]>

PLASMACHEM-L: Analytical Chem.(ICP's, DCP's, MIP's).

Tue, 1 May 2018 19:02:20 +0000

I am Surprised that no one commented on use of fudge factors. It Should indicate a need for improvement

Dr. Otto Herrmann, Technical Director, Kinectrics Inc, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5Z 5G5 - from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.
  Original Message
From: Justin Masone
Sent: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 10:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Reply To: PLASMACHEM-L: Analytical Chem.(ICP's, DCP's, MIP's).
Subject: Re: high bias on silicon, low niobium

Hi Linda,

251 should be a safe wavelength for Si in steels. I would second George's advice in re the acid rinse and addition of HF, especially for Nb. The interactive periodic table below is quite informative for chemical compatibility, stability, and sample prep for each element:

https://www.inorganicventures.com/periodic-table

Do you monitor blank values, and have you done any trend analysis to see if there is any Si creeping in throughout the run?

Best Regards,

Justin Masone
Product Manager
Glass Expansion Inc.
4 Barlow's Landing Rd., Unit # 2A
Pocasset, MA 02559 USA
Telephone: 508 563 1800
Facsimile: 508 563 1802
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.geicp.com

Now Follow Glass Expansion on LinkedIn

We also have a YouTube Channel with helpful videos