PLASMACHEM-L Archives

PLASMACHEM-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU

PLASMACHEM-L Home

PLASMACHEM-L  November 1999

PLASMACHEM-L November 1999

Re: Microwaving very large Samples

"Bondarowicz, John" <[log in to unmask]>

Analytical Chemistry using ICP's, DCP's, MIP's.

Mon, 15 Nov 1999 10:14:00 -0600

     Dear Friedhelm,

     I apologize if my suggestion did not emphasize they safety concerns
     when using closed vessel microwave digestions or any decomposition
     procedure for that matter.  Please start with small samples if you are
     able and you may even want to begin on a hot plate before you transfer
     to microwave digestions.  I did blow a few bombs with one gram samples
     so please start easy.  Your sample matrix and acids certainly command
     respect.

     JB