Carlos:
We have fought so hard for the creation of new gTLDs.  From a "freedom of expression" perspective, it is critical to keep opening up new gTLDs so there are places that noncommercial organizations, individuals and entrepreneurs can register domain names for basic words like "sun" and "tide" and not be in conflict with the trademark owners.

I can see how your plan could be used to expand the range of input coming in to ICANN.  I think it could certainly help inform and provide some sense of guidance to the way new gTLDs are created.

But why declare a moratorium until then?  I thought that as a Constituency we liked the idea of lots of new gTLDs.  Why not keep the ICANN process, and then replace it when there is a plan to replace it with?

Regards,
Kathy

- An immediate moratorium should be declared on the
creation/delegation/redelegation of g/sTLDs.