From: "Philip Sheppard" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>,
        "'Mawaki Chango'" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: GNSO Board Election
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:22:56 +0200

------=_NextPart_000_00DC_01C6895B.90BD6B80

Robin, Norbert, Mawaki
in the week that the voting starts I just wanted to make contact with your constituency
again and hope that I will get your support.
I have a good resonance from across the constituencies and the nom comm representatives and
believe I have a good chance to win this election. Moreover I have full confidence to be
both able to participate in every issue before the Board and to leverage my existing
goodwill and contacts with the current Board members to be able to work with them
cooperatively and in the best interests of ICANN. My time spent in the GNSO will provide
authority for me to speak on GNSO issues.

As a reminder my key priorities are listed below:
a) Competition. To remind the Board whenever necessary of its responsibility to increase
competition at the registry level.
b) A listening Board. To ensure the Board listens to and understands ALL the policy before
it, not just how policy has been presented to it via the staff filter.
c) Resources for policy. To fight for the appropriate level of resources to support the
policy development work of all supporting organisations including the necessary challenges
of interaction with other bodies such as the Government Advisory Committee.
d) Enhancing trust. To ensure Board decision making takes into account the effect of
decisions on public and community trust; including issues of improving effective compliance.
e) Pending resolutions. To call for a short-term appraisal of GNSO resolutions sent to the
Board that are pending consideration such as the request for the publication of new registry
contracts prior to adoption.
f) Budget balance. To ensure Board decisions on the ICANN budget have the appropriate
balance between financial stability for the ICANN secretariat and fairness in collection
mechanisms.
g) Value for money. To ensure that Board decisions on the ICANN budget put in place
mechanisms to ensure the efficient use of funds, so that budget increases translate directly
into better services and greater efficacy. In short, to work towards a community perception
that ICANN is delivering value for money.
h) Feedback. To ensure the GNSO gets the best ever feedback about Board activities, agendas
and decisions by both endeavouring personally to do this in the short-term, and medium term
to ensure resources are in place for this to be standard practice to the benefit of all
supporting organisations and the community. This should include feedback from Board and
President's committees.

Philip

------=_NextPart_000_00DC_01C6895B.90BD6B80

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D203062209-06062006>Robin, Norbert, =
Mawaki</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>in the =
week that the=20
voting starts I just wanted to make contact with your constituency again =
and=20
hope that I will get your support.<BR>I have a good resonance from =
across the=20
constituencies and the nom comm representatives and believe I have a =
good chance=20
to win this election. Moreover I have full confidence to be both able to =

participate in every issue before the Board and to leverage my existing =
goodwill=20
and contacts with the current Board members to be able to work with them =

cooperatively and in the best interests of ICANN. My time spent in the =
GNSO will=20
provide authority for me to speak on GNSO issues.<BR><BR>As a reminder =
my key=20
priorities are listed below:<BR>a) <STRONG>Competition</STRONG>. To =
remind the=20
Board whenever necessary of its responsibility to increase competition =
at the=20
registry level.<BR>b) <STRONG>A listening Board</STRONG>. To ensure the =
Board=20
listens to and understands ALL the policy before it, not just how policy =
has=20
been presented to it via the staff filter.<BR>c) Res<STRONG>ources for=20
policy</STRONG>. To fight for the appropriate level of resources to =
support the=20
policy development work of all supporting organisations including the =
necessary=20
challenges of interaction with other bodies such as the Government =
Advisory=20
Committee.<BR>d) <STRONG>Enhancing trust</STRONG>. To ensure Board =
decision=20
making takes into account the effect of decisions on public and =
community trust;=20
including issues of improving effective compliance.<BR>e) =
<STRONG>Pending=20
resolutions</STRONG>. To call for a short-term appraisal of GNSO =
resolutions=20
sent to the Board that are pending consideration such as the request for =
the=20
publication of new registry contracts prior to adoption.<BR>f) =
<STRONG>Budget=20
balance</STRONG>. To ensure Board decisions on the ICANN budget have the =

appropriate balance between financial stability for the ICANN =
secretariat and=20
fairness in collection mechanisms.<BR>g) <STRONG>Value for =
money</STRONG>. To=20
ensure that Board decisions on the ICANN budget put in place mechanisms =
to=20
ensure the efficient use of funds, so that budget increases translate =
directly=20
into better services and greater efficacy. In short, to work towards a =
community=20
perception that ICANN is delivering value for money.<BR>h)=20
<STRONG>Feedback</STRONG>. To ensure the GNSO gets the best ever =
feedback about=20
Board activities, agendas and decisions by both endeavouring personally =
to do=20
this in the short-term, and medium term to ensure resources are in place =
for=20
this to be standard practice to the benefit of all supporting =
organisations and=20
the community. This should include feedback from Board and =
President&#8217;s=20
committees.<BR><BR><BR>Philip<BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00DC_01C6895B.90BD6B80--