I noticed that on the GNSO Council email list, the IP Constituency is
calling for secret ballots for the chair/vice-chair positions on
council.

That is really surprising to me considering how ICANN claims to be
"open and transparent" in its activities.   And it is a bit
disturbing that elected representatives in a governance organization
are afraid the public will know how they vote on an issue.   I
thought when a person is elected to represent a group of people on
policy issues, those people have a right to know how their elected
representatives are voting and handling that representation given to
them by the public.

What part of open and transparent public governance does the IPC not
understand?

Best,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: [log in to unmask]