On Oct 21, 2009, at 10:00 AM, Norbert Klein wrote:

I was told that some people are concerned about taxi costs from the
airport. The Airport is in Inchon, the meeting is in Seoul.

Don't take a taxi, there is excellent high speed pus service for - I
think - about 10% of what a taxi would cost (more than $100).

I'll share what I just said on the ALAC list, fyi

From: William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date: October 21, 2009 6:09:33 PM GMT+09:00
To: ALAC Internal List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Seoul logistic answers

Hi

FWIW,

On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:39 PM, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:

Beware though that S. Korea does NOT use the GSM standard, neither in its
European nor North American flavours.
3G works, apparently, though I have not tried (yet).

I am in Seoul and my Euro 3G works.

On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:46 PM, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:

According to http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/AK/AK_EN_1_5_5.jsp

"all ATM transactions require an account with a Korean bank, ATMs are not
particularly convenient for international travelers except for getting cash
advances on a credit card"

It might be safer to have both a debit and a credit card with you.

I got money from the airport ATM without a problem.  You just have to be on one of the major bank networks.