Fully agree with David. For example, IPCop is very popular in Portugal.

BR,
Nuno Garcia

2010/3/3 David Cake <[log in to unmask]>
At 12:29 PM -0600 2/3/10, Jorge Amodio wrote:
And what about consumers/end users ? I think it would be nice if ICANN
also funds a similar survey for consumer grade CPE (Customer Premises
Equipment).

What's the opinion of other NCSG members about this subject ?

       Why would they exclude open source firewalls? Inevitably open source firewalls will be used for a large percentage of deployments, certainly including small to medium sized business, possibly some large enterprises as well.
       I think the readiness of open source firewalls is at least as important as commercial offerings, possibly more.
       Regards
               David