Alex,

I wish I could say that this isn't 'par for the course' with ICANN staff to try to divide and conquer us.  It is also unfortunate that the proponents of this proposal don't seem to be aware that EVERY organization in NCSG is a nonprofit organization.  If Debbie could have found the time to participate in a single NCSG policy call over the last year (or on this NCSG mailing list), the noncommercial membership might have been given a chance to learn about this effort and provide feedback.

ICANN staff's manipulation thrives in a communication vacuum.   And they do work closely with the commercial constituencies on how to shape the noncommercial space.

Best,
Robin