RE: SPAM-LOW: Re: NPOC Q&A Document

Off list

From: NCSG-NCUC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rosemary Sinclair

Hmmm - the way I read our proposed Charter is that a Constituency however formed (whether from within or by direct application to the Board)

When it is within NCSG (whether formed from within or attached by the Board)

Is then bound by our Charter rules on voting, Councillors etc

That would be incorrect.

If NPOC is formed under our proposed NCSG charter, then it is bound by our rules on voting, Councillors, etc.

But our charter is not in effect yet, and clearly Amber and Debbie are not applying under those rules.

So if the constituency is approved before the NCSG charter is approved, we really have no idea how NCSG works.

And it is possible, though not likely, that we revert to the old constituency rules, which creates the walled garden/silos.

No way around it: Debbie and Amber’s move was untimely and not constructive. Even if you like their constituency proposal, the way they’ve done it creates a mess.