Would appreciate a report on your impressions. I had time to listen in for about 45 minutes this morning, mostly about geographic names. My impression was that the whole discussion was very inconclusive and consisted of relatively clueless GAC members, e.g. from Germany and UK, reiterating debates over geographic names that we have been having for years, not contributing anything new in terms of information or policy and really not pressing ICANN to make specific changes. GAC members themselves did not seem of one mind about the issue, although sharing certain “concerns.” But that was a very small sample of the total interaction, so want to know what you saw/heard/thought.

From: NCSG-NCUC [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of William Drake
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 4:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NCSG-NCUC-DISCUSS] GAC-Board meeting in Brussels now

Hi

Just a quick reminder that this much anticipated meeting is happening now and continues tomorrow.  The GAC's "scorecard" of advice on new gTLD issues, staff background papers, webcast, scribe text and Adobe Connect are all at http://meetings.icann.org/board-gac-spring11.  There's also a twitter feed #ICANN.  We observers have no speaking rights in the room, but if any members have particular issues/questions they'd like to raise in other contexts feel free.  We're currently talking about root scaling…

Best,

Bill