This needs be stopped. I can only surmise the technical underpinnings of the business model of such services as a "boutique domain service that helps connect businesses with their 'perfect web domain match' ", but i'm pretty sure i can't imagine no kosher way of going about it.

Nicolas

On 4/1/2011 2:52 PM, Marc Perkel wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite"> More information on GilroyFarmersMarket.com

Apparently Godaddy has a "hold" on the name and it's now part of and auction where I can only buy it from Godaddy for $11.99 a year.

Tell me what this "hold" is that allows GoDaddy to apparently grab names without actually buying them?

Here's the correspondence I had with the guy who registered it.

Hey Marc,

We're not sure the thought that went behind purchasing this specific name. We do know that the particular domain scout who purchased this domain approaches repetitive programs. In fact, since we agree with you that this is a very user friendly domain we've placed holds on several other territorial "FarmersMarket" domains that this domain scout owns and have facilitated the connection of ownership to the end user like yourself. I agree with you and feel that to reach maximum success with a territorial Farmers Market that your ".com" should be informational, non abbreviated, straight forward, and easy to remember. Seeing that you've contacted me I can promise that I will allow you first stab at this domain. I can contact the scout this afternoon, and expedite this exchange! I'll advise once i have more direction.

Joey

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marc Perkel <[log in to unmask]>
Date: April 1, 2011 10:24:39 AM PDT
To: Joey Pauline <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: gilroyfarmersmarket.com

I'm part of a group that's starting a farmers market in Gilroy. We would like to have it. How is it that this name came to your attention? Was it from my domain search and not registering it immediately?

I'm somewhat confused.
--
Sent from my Android phone.

Joey Pauline <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hey

Marc, I'm actually partners in a
boutique domain service that helps

connect businesses with their "perfect
web domain match." We've recently

placed a hold on this particular domain
because it's going up for

auction on Godaddy.com.

I'll gather the info on that auction
this afternoon, and will make sure

I heads you up first. Thanks for your
contact, -Joey Pauline, The

Laundry Room 7835 N. Palm #103 Fresno,
CA 93711 C- 559-790-4481 O-

559-434-0943 F- 559-434-9343 www.TLRoom.com
On Mar 31, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Marc Perkel

wrote: We are about to start a Gilroy
Farmers Market here in Gilroy

california and I noticed you just
registered the domain. Just wondering