Hi Alain

I am little bit confused by a statement that you made,

 ICANN cannot substitute for INTA, WIPO, etc... it must only respect INTA, WIPO, etc... rules and regulations.

I may  understand for WIPO (which is btw an arbitration center) and  I have some reserves about that , but I am puzzled that you imply that ICANN must respect INTA "rules and regulations",for remind INTA is an association for trademark holders and professionals, which means an interest group.

Best Regards,

Rafik

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Milton L Mueller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> [...]

Protected from what?

Since when does someone own .ngo? If so, who?

Why .intl? Who has rights in that? Why?

JFC, I believe that the whole attitude here is wrong. I strongly resist the idea that we can create fiat global property rights in alphanumeric character strings just because someone on an email list thinks it's a good idea to "protect" whatever happens to be his or her pet organization. Lets try to be more systematic and think about long term consequences, clear rules, etc.

--MM

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA
Member, Board of Directors, CECI, http://www.ceci.ca