If all the technical and practical reasons fail to sway a pro-SOPA Congressman and Congresswoman, please feel free to mention the one thing they do understand - votes. Remember that most of them couldn't tell you what DNS stands for, let alone how the process would alter the functionality of the Internet,

In the election year when there is an expectation of a  high turnout of Democrats to re-elect Obama, there is a growing movement amongst some younger demographics to make SOPA a "stand-alone" reason to vote for/against someone. ie. Did you vote for SOPA? If so, you are not getting my vote. With congressional approval at record-lows, their position on SOPA might cost them their seat on the Hill.

Also throw in the fact that Comcast announced today that an upgrade on their network makes it impossible for them to actually implement DNS filtering...

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/12/comcast-sopa/

Ironic considering Comcast is a big supporter of SOPA...

So they would be voting for something that doesn't work and they might lose their seats because of it....

Mark

Its a practical argument to go alongside all the technical ones.

Kind regards,

Mark Leiser

145 Kilmarnock Road
Suite 612