There's been some discussion, initiated by ALAC, as to whether a workshop on SOPA and related issues would be a good thing to do in San Jose.  Apparently the ccNSO has already decided to do something, but it's Tuesday afternoon.  If we don't have a really full agenda for the NCSG bit after lunch, the below might be of interest to folks here as an alternative…

Bill

Begin forwarded message:

From: William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 9, 2012 12:46:06 PM GMT+01:00
To: GNSO Council List <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [council] Fwd: [soac-discussion] SOPA Discussions

An interesting 'solution'…

Too bad it's being held during constituency day...

De : Lesley Cowley <[log in to unmask]>
Objet : Rép : [soac-discussion] SOPA Discussions
Date : 8 février 2012 19:52:47 HNEC
À : Stéphane Van Gelder <[log in to unmask]>, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <[log in to unmask]>

Given Stéphane's latter comment, perhaps I should re-mention cNSO has
scheduled a session on this at 4.00pm on the Tuesday afternoon, and it is
open to all. Sharing developments within ccTLDs is within the ccNSO
purview :o)

Planned topics and speakers are currently as follows:
SOPA & ACTA overview Becky Burr, ccNSO Council Member
Internet Government Control in Latin America, Alejandro Pisanty and
Oscar Robles ( .MX)
HADOPI 2 and other French legislation initiatives Mathieu Weill, .fr
China, Law Enforcement and DNS Filtering Hong Xue, ccNSO Council Member
Internet government control in South Korea .kr (speaker TBC)