Michael,

As far as the second level goes there is the UDRP, and for new gTLDs there
will be the URS.

Fraud is, per se, illegal.We have seen the FBI/DHS/ICE become very active
in seizing domains.     What further protection are you asking for? A
blanket ban on any registration including the string YMCA?

Please explain.

joly

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Michael Carson <[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> Dan,
>
> I agree with you with regard to the content of the site being an important
> component to determine fraud.  However, there are fraudulent domain names
> and they are troubling to brand owners such as the YMCA.  Considering the
> nature of our service to millions of individuals, it is very important to
> us to stop third parties from using YMCA in it's domain name.  For profit
> entities and individuals/organizations engaged in nefarious activities
> (domains I will not mention) have been guilty of and continue to do so not
> only to misrepresent themselves to the public, but also to the many YMCA
> organizations around the world.
>
> The answer should not be an "do nothing" approach, but possibly something
> that protects everyone's (including nonprofit corporations) rights.
>
> Best,
>
>  Michael Carson
>
> YMCA of the USA

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-