Dear Members of the NCUC,

thanks and greetings to all, and especially to the members in the Asia Pacific region, to whom I send this note together with the request to consider how we can work towards an increase in membership in our region. Not just in numbers, but committed membership reflecting, arguing, and advocating for the space of NCUC - the Non Commercial Users Constituency - in ICANN. Our Asia Pacific region is experiencing enormous growth in terms of the use of the Internet and the use of mobile phones. But this physical growth is mainly measured in economic and technical terms, while tensions and conflicts between operators - commercials and including the states - and non-commercial users who enjoy the openness of communication beyond what we could imagine only some years ago, need careful but intensive attention. I think our Constituency should play more of a role on the way into future developments.

Of course, sharing also among the different regions of the world is not only welcome, but necesary.

With my best greetings, while I share, this time, also some references in my personal blog, about some concerns in our specific environment.

Norbert Klein
Elected NCUC EC Member
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

--
Norbert Klein
Phnom Penh/Cambodia

My last four blogs:

The World Conference on International Telecommunications –- and the Freedom of Communication
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1197

The Rule of Law –- an Example    -    by now with a Comment about further developments
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1180

The South China Sea Challenge
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1122

Copyrights? – Nineteenth Century USA Was a Major Center of Piracy
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1083