Hi Robin,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Folks:
>
> ICANN is working with us revamp these pages.  We are in the phase where
> they did the first rev and are looking for further feedback for
> improvements.  So please make a list of desired improvements.

Thank you for that information. We on the e-platform committee at the NCUC
keep getting surprised by new information concerning ICANN's e-platform
transformation. You may recall the astonishment of our Constituency  Chair
at the fine work the NCSG EC had been doing trying to get ICANN involved in
managing our member list. We were spending our time trying to figure out
how to do it ourselves when we learned of those efforts. It's a shame to
waste time of volunteers.

Would you be so kind, Robin, as to send Mr. Wilson Abigaba, coordinator of
the NCUC e-platform committee, the e-mail address of a contact at ICANN
with whom he can communicate and learn more about the ICANN  revamp?  I'm
not aware of any ICANN-NCUC contact on this matter, although I certainly
could mistaken. It is needed.

I'd suggest the same courtesy might be extended to Wilson's counterpart at
NPOC. NPOC has a fine web presence and I'm sure they would like to be
involved in the revamp if they are not already.

>  I've asked all members of the NCSG Policy Committee (including Avri) to
> please update the confluence pages as we go along.  I'm welcoming more
> people to update these pages as well.  All ncsg members are welcome to
> contribute to these pages.

Thanks Robin.

I would respectfully not describe disappearing constituencies as updating
pages. It may be the way to go, but as an elected representative of the
NCUC EC I would appreciate our Committee being consulted before any such
action is taken in the future. Again it's a question of policy (the
decision to disappear the pages) versus implementation (eliminating NCUC
from certain pages). Updating pages, great. Disappearing things, let's talk
so we aren't surprised to wake up to unexpected changes.

> I don't think anyone said NCUC shouldn't prepare policy summaries.

No one ever said you did.

>  There was simply a recognition that the CEO asked it of ncsg at the
> intercessional and the ncsg-pc will pull some together.  I'm sure policy
> summaries from any group including constituencies wishing to prepare them
> would be most welcome.

Again, that's not what I experienced. E-mails I received from some of our
more respected senior policy members/ NCSG councilors after the
Intercessional clearly indicated a belief these summaries were to be done
on a Constituency level and indicated a desire to get started. There is
honest disagreement here amongst good faith individuals that should be
respected.

I'm still trying to figure out why we're so caught up in this biblical type
interpretation. Fadi is very much alive. Can we not thank him for spending
100 minutes with us and attempt to clarify if he wanted executive summaries
from 1) the Constituencies, 2) the SG or 3) both. I'm personally rooting
for #3. Let's find out what the man wants and give it to him.

> On Feb 10, 2013, at 7:37 PM, Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> >> Might I ask, though,  where you derived your authority to make some
> editorial changes to the website?
> >
> > as a member of the NCSG Policy Committee, I asked the policy committee
> if anyone minded if I made the changes.
> > no one objected and the chair of the NCSG said go ahead.
> >
> > cheers
> >
> > avri

Thanks for clarifying that Avri.

I assume this was informal?

One of the best parts of transparency is everyone knows who made what
decision. That way displeasure or approval are directed at the proper
parties.

At NCUC we now know we can't count on the stability of our confluence
presence should our NCSG colleagues have a change of heart. As such, we can
act appropriately in redesigning our web presence.

Thanks again, Avri, for the information. It is very much appreciated,  as
is all of your hard work at almost every level of ICANN and the IG world
beyond.

Regards,

Ed Morris
NCUC EC (North America)