Hello,

I wish there had been a prohibition against closed generic TLDs in the Applicant Guidebook. It's a bit of a classic free expression versus property rights issue to me. I tend to lean towards free speech in such conflicts. There was no such prohibition.

As issues arise I hope to be pretty consistent in wanting to apply the Guidebook, as written, evenly,  across all applications. There is already going to be enough litigation with the new gTLD program and we might want to learn from the .XXX merriment about changing things midstream. Of course, I think we already have evidence the Board is not very good in applying the lessons of history.

I stand ready to be educated by those with different views.

Ed Morris