Begin forwarded message:

Subject: Upcoming multi-stakeholder Internet Governance events

Dear AC and SO Leaders

On behalf of ICANN, I am pleased to announce two upcoming events in March in which ICANN will participate with the regional IGF community. We ask your help in publicizing these events to your membership and promulgating the information on your mailing lists.

In the first week of March there will be two events, the first event, as part of the Arab IGF initiative will be in Dubai from 3-5 March. The second event, as part of the African Strategic Engagement initiative will be in Addis Ababa from 6-8 March. We would like to invite you to join industry leaders and Internet Governance experts from all over the world at these two events.

The Arab Multi-stakeholder Internet Governance meeting will be at the Radisson Royal Hotel, in Dubai on 3-5 March 2013. The meeting is hosted by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of UAE, as part of the Arab IGF Open Consultations, and in partnership with ICANN and RIPE NCC, the Regional Internet Registry for Europe and the Middle East. The current draft agenda is attached for your reference.

Please see this link for on-line registration: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHpucVl1MjM1OUVRLXFvQXZocWV0UVE6MA#gid=0

The African Multi-stakeholder Internet Governance meeting will be at the UNECA Conference Center in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 6-8 March 2013 and is organized in partnership with African IGF, AfriNIC, AFTLD, ISOC Africa, and the ATU. A note for participants from UNECA and the current draft agenda is attached for your reference.

These open public meetings are aimed at fostering engagement between Internet organizations and all stakeholder groups in the Arab and the African world. It offers the opportunity to share best practices of successful multi-stakeholder models and discuss means to enhance effective participation in global Internet Governance fora.  An announcement of these events will be posted on the ICANN website shortly.

Kind Regards

Kathryn A. (Mandy) Carver

Executive Director - Global Stakeholder Engagement

ICANN

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300

Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

USA