Dear colleagues,

Please see the attached annex statement on privacy and data protection.  I will appreciate suggestions, changes, modifications, etc.  The privacy-data protection sub group of the ‘thick’ Whois Working Group will meet again tomorrow.  Tomorrow I will be submisting this Annex document as an individual (although I do not claim full credit for this document) pending endorsement by the NCUC (see attachments).  The thick’ Whois WG is ready to move forward and this may be the last chance that we have to emphasize the challenges surrounding privacy and data protection.  This document, preferably, needs to be made available to the full WG by next week, Tuesday.

Roy Balleste, J.S.D.

Law Library Director

Professor of Law

St. Thomas University