On 24 March 2013 20:17, Andrew A. Adams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

If you and others truly feel that the NCSG/NCUC charter which allows non-registrants with non-commercial interests in the name space to ahve a voice in ICANN is insufficient (*) then I think you should make an argument for the creation of a new SG or constituency

No need to re-invent that particular wheel.
See ICANN Bylaw XI.2.4.
Pay special attention to the first sentence of XI.2.4.a, as well as XI.2.4.j.7 and XI.2.4.j.10.

ALAC supporting this dictatorial stance is something I cannot understand

If there's going to be real dialogue, this is a good place to start -- on both process and substance.

- Evan