Begin forwarded message:

From: Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date: April 10, 2013 11:06:54 AM PDT
To: Fadi Chehade <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Mike O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>, James Bladel <[log in to unmask]>, Jeff Eckhaus <[log in to unmask]>, Antony Van Couvering <[log in to unmask]>, BretFausett Fausett <[log in to unmask]>, Alan Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>, BenAnderson Anderson <[log in to unmask]>, Chris Wright <[log in to unmask]>, ElisaCooper Cooper <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask] Leibovitch" <[log in to unmask]>, Fred Felman <[log in to unmask]>, Gustavo Lozano <[log in to unmask]>, "[log in to unmask] Neuman" <[log in to unmask]>, Jim Waldron <[log in to unmask]>, Jon Nevett <[log in to unmask]>, Jonathan Robinson <[log in to unmask]>, KathyKleiman <[log in to unmask]>, Kathryn Park <[log in to unmask]>, Konstantine Komaitis <[log in to unmask]>, Martin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>, Matt Serlin <[log in to unmask]>, Wendy Seltzer <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: what happened to your blog post that admitted expanding the scope of TM claims was a POLICY matter???  It appears to be removed from the web.

Dear Fadi,

What happened to your ICANN blog post where you had to change your characterization of our LA meeting to the following?:

Scope of Trademark Claims. The inclusion of strings previously found to be abusively registered in the Clearinghouse for purposes of Trademark Claims can be considered a policy matter.  This proposal provides a path for associating a limited number of additional domain names with a trademark record, on the basis of a decision rendered under the UDRP or a court proceeding.  Given the previous intensive discussions on the scope of protections associated with a Clearinghouse record, involving the IRT/STI, we believe this needs guidance from the GNSO Council.

It appears this blog post and key language is gone from the web now.  Did staff subsequently decide to change its mind again and claim we said this was merely an implementation matter?

Thanks,
Robin