Here's another where you don't have to be a political activist or in a not-quite-there-yet democracy:

Military spouse writing about deployment. Armed forces guidelines are very strict about not revealing where you live or, ideally, who you are, for your own safety from targeting or reprisal or targeting of your loved one overseas. Anonymous registration of a domain name is essential and it's against the rules NOT to do it.

Maria