I personally think the .patagonia and .amazon point in Milton's current draft is made stronger by their specific inclusion but in deference to the very strong feeling among a large minority of our vocal members am fine with changing that to a less specific phrasing while making it clear that - whether it be trademark law or otherwise - there has to be a recognized legal basis for stopping applications other than "some of us don't like it". If there is no formal legal basis then a broad public interest argument can be made only if the public interest can be clearly identified as one that's so critical as to warrant protection - maybe that can be the community point that others have raised (though that is not one I personally think sufficiently weighty).

+1

Cheers
Jorge