Hello everyone,

I've attached the latest draft statement of the "thick" Whois PDP WG's privacy and data protection sub-team to this email. It hasn't been formally accepted as the final statement, however, I do not foresee any substantive changes. Right now, a debate is taking place on whether or not a summary should be introduced at the beginning of the statement. I have some concerns about this and will keep you all posted on any updates.

The current version is a result of months of debates that took place by members of the sub-team mainly consisting of folks from NCSG (NCUC and NPOC), the Registry SG, the CSG/IPC and At-Large. I personally feel that the statement is a balanced outcome of these debates illustrating the thoughts and concerns of all who were involved in the discussion. Having said that, do not mistake it at all as a statement that is reflective of NCSG. We had the opportunity to submit SG/Constituency statements early on in the proceedings of this WG, and we did along with everyone else in the GNSO and ALAC. You can find all those statements listed here. For background/context on this WG, you will find the WG charter here. We will also, of course, have an opportunity to provide feedback during a public comment period once the WG's work is finished. I predict this to be well before the Durban meeting.

I welcome any feedback and opinions at this point.

Thanks.

Amr