A very thorough and well-written reconsideration request (thanks Ed), but will it make a difference??

Trademark+50 Coming in October - Domain Incite

Amr

On Sep 9, 2013, at 8:51 PM, Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

With great thanks to NCSG member Ed Morris, NCSG filed an appeal (attached) of ICANN staff's decision to not release any new information to NCSG in response to our DIDP request for information about staff's decision to adopt a policy creating new rights for trademark holders in the DNS.  The DIDP process is supposed be be part of ICANN's "accountability" process (sort of like a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request for information) intended to ensure transparency in the development of public policies.  But if staff can just blow those DIDP requests off too and claim the info is either secret or too burdensome to release, ICANN's claim of "accountability and transparency" is nothing more than self-serving PR that lacks any basis in reality.

NCSG's appeal is attached and I'm keeping track of the filings in this tragedy here:
  https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/ICANN+Unaccountability

Is ICANN Accountable, Transparent, and "Bottom-Up" in its Governance?

<NCSG RECONSIDERATION REVIEW REQUEST.pdf>