thanks Bill for those nomination, I wish to second both nomination without much ado.
Eminently qualified.
Remmy

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:13 PM, William Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,

In my personal capacity, I hereby nominate for the GNSO Council two veterans of the GNSO and ICANN more generally, Wolfgang Kleinwachter and Avri Doria.  Neither needs much introduction, although they will have to submit candidate statements doing just that.

Wolfgang Kleinwachter is just completing his first term as a Councilor and has contributed quite a lot to the discussions and represented NC interests very well.  More generally, he is a veteran of 43 ICANN meetings and a recognized thought leader both in ICANN and in the Internet governance debates of the UN and other international institutions.

Avri served previously on the GNSO Council, including as its elected chair (not an easy achievement).  During that time she played a major role in envisioning and guiding negotiations of the new gTLD program.  She has also been a near ubiquitous representative of NCSG in countless working groups and other bodies, currently represents us on the ATRT II team, and like Wolfgang is a recognized thought leader both in ICANN and in the Internet governance debates of the UN and other international institutions.

We have just finished Wolfgang's 13th Meeting of the ICANN-Studienkreis here in Pisa.  Fadi Chehadé, ICANN’s CEO and President, and other senior ICANNauts were here and participated in very intensive discussions and listened very carefully to the inputs from the nominees.  I think this is testament to the seriousness with which their views are taken in ICANN, and to their abilities to represent NC interests effectively in the hot house of the GNSO Council.

Best,

Bill

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
Chair, Noncommercial Users Constituency,
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org
[log in to unmask] (w), [log in to unmask] (h),
  www.williamdrake.org

REMMY NWEKE,
Member, NIRA Executive Board
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE News <http://www.digitalsensenews.com.ng>;
ITREALMS Online <http://www.itrealms.com.ng/>, NaijaAgroNet<http://www.naijaagronet.blogspot.com>
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Bloc F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
First runner up, Highway Africa New Media awards 2010
Follow us@: www.twitter.com/ITRealmsOnline
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria<http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fadecadeofictreportageinnigeria&ei=6lQWUfr2NvOr0AWpl4DgDA&usg=AFQjCNF7g9pBrX9vG_SvVYzIv2Iv4-IJEQ&sig2=cInPY70goNDMbcvYCgDkoQ&bvm=bv.42080656,d.d2k>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2014<http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2014 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: [log in to unmask]
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.