Hi!

This is really not new, I think.

I recall talking to ICANN people about setting up the new South America in
São Paulo instead of Buenos Aires; to me, that made a whole more lot of
sense. But I'm sure there are other arguments to this decision that I'm not
aware of. Brasil is the most important player in South America, top 5 world
wide. The talks with "Presidente != Presidenta" Dilma are spot on, not only
because of what they mean regarding Brasil's recent attitude towards NSA
surveillance, but also because these mean a special recognition of Brasil's
importance.

The call for increased participation of companies and governments on the
multi-Stakeholder Model (MSM) is not new. But, despite of the underline
Fadi made about the importance of users, civil society and technicians, we
(the users/civil society) will have a diluted voice in this MSM if all
stays the same.

And it seems that, from our side, all is the same, which is something that
should concern us, maybe just a little bit. Now everyone is saying, "but we
are doing a lot already". Right, yes we are. We are doing a lot, but its
more of the same...

I have no solution and no roadmap. I have some ideas. I have recently found
that, at NCUC, there are no roadmaps strong enough to stand for a couple of
months. And maybe that's the way its supposed to be.

I have said this before, and I know that many of us here don't agree with
me: I trust Fadi's vision for ICANN. The little I know of him and my
experience of the world, allow me to give him at least the benefit of the
doubt.

Best,

Nuno