Greetings from Nairobi, Kenya.

Trusting that your festive/restive season has been pleasurable.

Whereas a staff member at Creative Commons (Regional Coordinator-Africa), I write this appeal in my personal capacity.

Since August last year, I have been privileged to have first-hand experience on the powerfully and positive free sharing on open Internet role made possible by free Creative Commons licences. And how that has impacted not just across Africa, but around the world. From Open Education Resources promising firm realisation of universal access to education to people whom otherwise could never have had access to knowledge and subsequent opportunities, arts and artistes collaboration resulting in new creative works, CC-licensed freely shared resources such as the wikipedia, among to many others online and offline.

Creative Commons is running a fund-raising campaign which I humbly urge you to support by donating here:

https://donate.creativecommons.org/?utm_campaign=2013fund&utm_source=carousel2&utm_medium=web

Thanks for the support!

Wishing you a healthy, wealthy and prosperous 2014.

Alex Gakuru (wearing his personal hat:)

About Creative Commons:
http://creativecommons.org/