I too would like to pay tribute to the memory of Alain Berranger.

I knew Alain for almost twenty years. He was at Canada's International
Development Research Centre (IDRC) in Ottawa when in the mid-1990s I and
several others built the Bellanet Secretariate, housed at IDRC and an early
effort at using ICT for global development collaboration. Marie-Laure has
kindly written about Alain so I will add nothing. It was Alain who brought
me into the NPOC, NCSG, ICANN orbit.

I too will miss him, though his memory lives on in NPOC and ICANN's
multistakeholder model.

Sam Lanfranco
 "It is a disgrace to be rich and honoured
 in an unjust state" -Confucius
 Dr Sam Lanfranco (Prof Emeritus & Senior Scholar)
 Econ, York U., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - M3J 1P3
 email: [log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])   Skype: slanfranco
 blog:  http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com (http://samlanfranco.blogspot.com)
 Phone: 613 476-0429 cell: 416-816-2852