Hi

Sorry I could not join the call.  I agree with Amr that the Council is for the PDP and is not the appropriate vehicle for CSG’s efforts to slow down the globalization momentum by nipping at Fadi’s heels.  They are forum shopping because they didn’t get what they wanted inside the beltway from the USG. This is standard behavior.  Why we would want to be dupes in their campaign is utterly beyond me.  When the Republicans call for Congressional hearings on the US “giving away our Internet” they can go up to testify that the world is flat.

The irony is that these are the very same folks who’v fought like dogs to limit the GNSO from being anything other than a rubber stamp for stakeholder preferences on PDPs etc.  And now it should be a vehicle for telling Fadi to come to heel and only do what the CSG wants regarding matters beyond the GNSO’s purview?

I agree Fadi should have put some more community members on the strategy panels in order to attenuate the inevitable backlash.  On the other hand there is something to be said for getting perspectives from outside the bubble, which is common CEO practice.  Were they to try to actually push forward on any of the panel recs this would of course have to go through the sausage making factor anyway or there’d be a justifiable internecine war.

2 cents

BD