Hi

On Mar 16, 2014, at 1:13 PM, Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

While it looks like NCSG already endorsed the Brenden and Milton plan, I don't remember us doing so,

Where does it look like this?  I don’t remember it either.

In any event, at this stage I don’t think it’s imperative that we all have a shared model of precisely how the institutional arrangements of the future might be configured.  There will be push back or at least a unmissable lack of enthusiasm from some actors and probably a campaign to twist this into a domestic US political issue in advance of elections.  In that context, I’d think it’d be sufficient to at least stand up and say clearly that we support denationalization/globalization, congratulate the USG on looking forward, expect an inclusive multistakeholder process of working options for going forward, etc.

Other civil society networks are already drafting and releasing statements.  It would be a real pity if the civil society actors who actually work within ICANN and have long advocated change fail to do something in parallel.  I don’t care if it goes out at the constituency or stakeholder group level but we ought to say something.

Bill