Hi Nicolas,

I’ve had the same thought since reading the statement, which is why I suggested separating the principles from the proposal. Still…, the proposal involving the DNSA was mentioned in principle #4, so they’re not completely exclusive there. The statement Milton drafted for NCSG endorsement has left that part out, so I suppose the DNSA is something we can discuss at more length down the road. So now, we’re only left with a principle of institutional separation of domain name policy and root zone management. That seems like a more feasible principle to move forward with right now.

But like I said, in principle, I really like the statement. Having reservations on the DNSA proposal doesn’t stick “a nail in the clog” for me either. There has been a long thread discussing the statement on the 1Net list (check and scroll down a bit - http://1net-mail.1net.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-March/subject.html#start), but honestly, I still have questions. :) I would find it interesting to explore this and other possible scenarios further.

Thanks.

Amr