Hello Brenden,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 7:39 PM, Brenden Kuerbis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Clearly not, based on the paper we wrote and released last month: http://www.internetgovernance.org/pdf/ICANNreformglobalizingIANAfinal.pdf

ref : Item 3 under the MOU (especially the last line). I had thought removing governmental "oversight"/control is why we have the transitioning process in the first place.

 for the EC?

Good question. They made no mention of any particular organizational type in the statement. But they are clear that,

When you say "they" do you mean the statement was on behalf of the entire EC of NetMundial? My thinking is that it was a personal view of Kroes (which ofcourse should be noted just like every other individual's contribution should be noted)

Regards
Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
web:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng